Logosmall

Millburn

A Mr. Welsh Allegedly established the Millburn 1807.located on the eastern side of Inverness on the banks of the Millburn.

At some point in the mid 1800s David Rose a local corn merchant was operating the property as a mill.

The distillery was renovated in 1876 and sold to A Haig & Co. in 1892.

Alfred Bernard described the distillery, in his 1887 tour, as "The distillery is about 1 mile from the town on the old Roman road, that leads to Fort George, and it is situated under the brow of a steep hill, All which faces the sea . It has a very handsome appearance and is built of stone Principally. The open cooperage, gene rally an unsightly building here is beautifully enclosed with trellis work, painted a rich green. "

After a number of changes in ownership the distillery was acquired by Booth's (Gin) Distillery Ltd.. The following year in 1921 they. had to rebuild Millburn after a serious fire.

Acquired by DCL in 1937 then transfered to SMD control in 1942

DCL mothballed the distillery in 1985. In 1988, the site sold for property development was. The site is now host to a Beefeater restaurant and pub called "The Auld Distillery" on Millburn Road.

One time important contributor to the vatted malt whiskey "Millburn".

Source: http://www.whiskymerchants.co.uk/

Lees meer

Sort by: